Headquartered in Durango, Colorado, Sanitas Cycles brings you their new Titanium Root Classic hardtail. The Root is a hardtail mountain bike with progressive geometry, can run a 130mm front fork, and clear 29 x 2.5″ tires.
Sanitas Cycles is a company that has a combined 60+ years of experience in the cycling industry. One of the Co-Founders, John Siegrist founded DEAN Titanium Bikes in the 80s. He has built custom bikes, for the likes of Merlin Metal Works, Ibis cycles, EverTi, Form, Haley, Ionic, Sampson, Jade, Stoemper, Red Tail, and VYNL… just to name a few.
The Root Classic is an individually handcrafted hardtail that is built with oversized cold work 3/2.5 titanium tubing. Each of the frames is custom-built to the customer’s specifications, one at a time. Resulting in a bike that is designed with the customer’s needs and riding style in mind.
Designing the Root Classic to ride smoothly over all types of terrain, the frame was built with features like the signature “s-bend” chainstays and seat stays, as well as stress-relieved titanium tubing. Stating that the Root delivers nimble handling while still offering “exceptional climbing and descending ability”.
From their website: “Each Root frame is custom designed and built at no additional charge, so you can choose between 29″, 27.5″, or 26″ wheel platforms. If you prefer stock geometry, please refer to our attached sizing chart.”
They also say that they have a multitude of frame finish options as well as anodization by Agave Frame Finishing for an upcharge.
Root Hardtail Geometry
Root Classic Frame Specs:
- Custom or Stock Geometry
- Tire size: 29×2.5″, 27.5×2.8″, or 26×3.0+”
- Headtube: 44mm Straight Taper
- Bottom Bracket: BSA 73mm or T47 English Thread
- Rear Hub Spacing: 148 x 12mm Boost
- Cable Routing: External or Internal
- Front Derailleur: 34.9mm Clamp-On
- Brake: Flat Mount Disc
- Seatpost Diameter: 31.6 mm (internal dropper routing)
- Seat Collar: Sanitas Titanium
- Manufacturer Warranty: Lifetime
Root Classic Frame Details
- Tubing: Hand Picked Size Specific Custom Butted 3/2.5 CWSR Titanium
- Head Badge: Sanitas Custom
- Bottle Mounts: Down Tube and Seat Tube Locations (3rd Mount Optional)
- Finish: Ceramic Bead Blast with Brushed Logo or Anodization at Upcharge.
- Production: Hand Made in Durango, Colorado
- Sizing: Custom at No Additional Charge or Stock Geometry
- Lead time From Time of Order: Stock Geometry 6 to 8 or custom 10 to 12 weeks
- Fork: MRP or FOX (Order Separately)
- Headset: White Industries or Cane Creek (Order Separately)
- Frame Weight: 3.0 to 3.5 lbs. depending on Sizing.
Build Kit Options:
Contact Sanitas Cycles for help putting together your unique kit.
- Groupsets: SRAM, Shimano, or Rotor
- Cockpits: Sanitas Titanium or Ritchey
- Wheels: Rolf Prima, Boyd, or Hunt
- Tire: Schwalbe, Continental, Maxxis or Pirelli
- Saddles: Selle Italia or WTB
If you have any questions, you can reach out here and they say they will get back to you quickly.
Retail: $3650 (frameset)